Radical Early-Stage Innovation for Disruptive Change
This is a workshop designed specifically to introduce participants to a new approach and set of highly effective techniques for early-stage disruptive innovation.
Why? Early-stage radical innovation requires a different approach and very techniques than that of any other type of innovation. Many of the most common approaches to innovation focus either on incremental or later stages of innovation.
This one day workshop is specifically designed to be an immersive, hands-on deep dive into the innovation process that Emergent Futures Lab has developed over many years of research and field testing with companies. This process, The Innovation Design Approach, is a unique and highly effective methodology and set of techniques to deliver disruptive innovation.
By the end of this workshop participants will understand the why, the how, and the when of these new techniques to begin to develop their own effective context-specific innovation for disruptive change making in their company and industry.
Participants will engage in a unique, highly immersive, and interactive workshop that takes them experimentally through the process via three sprints:
Sprint 1: Experimentation
- Introduction: Why do we need a specific approach to early-stage disruptive innovation?
- Diving In: Begin by focusing on experimental practices for the development of radical novelty: A series of unique and powerful iterative techniques for innovation are introduced and tested.
- Iterative learning: Participants in teams run through an iterative process to go from the known to the unknown and emerge with radical novelty.
Sprint 2: Creating the Breakthrough
- Introduction: How does one transform radical novelty into a genuinely novel different approach?
- Diving in: Our innovation journey continues, and the teams begin the process of transforming their novel outcomes into frameworks that can support breakthrough approaches to key 21st-century issues.
- Iterative Learning: Participants develop a novel framework into a potential disruptive world via a set of iterative tools.
Sprint 3: Unpacking, Translating and Customising
- Unpacking: via an engaging discussion, we will unpack and synthesize the total process of the Innovation Design Approach. Participants will receive a booklet detailing the process, and further resources and tools will be discussed.
- Translating and Customisation: We’ll have a strategic and practical discussion of how to convert, customise and transform the general methodology to your organisation and industry context.
- Concluding: We will review and summarise the workshop addressing final questions and reminding participants of what innovation requires of them and what they experienced.
Tickets: €350pp (members). Public tickets subject to availability.